This former Château dating back to the 12th century, now a neo-Gothic style hotel, holds the traces of its past within its walls. Now, only the tower remains as a solid testimony to the 4-star Château d’Ouchy’s history. The history of the Château’s construction was revealed for the first time in the Lausanne bishops’ chronicles. Originally, it was planned that the Château would become a fort. The tower that is still standing was the first part of the Château to be built in 1177 by Bishop Landry de Durnes. One century later, Bishop Guillaume de Champvent extended the Château and created the town of Lausanne as an entity in its own right. The Château became a hotel residence during the 19th century and was modernised by Lausanne architect Francis Isoz. Today, only the Dungeon Tower has been kept intact and is now listed as a "historical monument".